Midwestern Community is a project dedicated to engaging with the host communities living in the areas in which Midwestern Oil and Gas currently operates.
We strive to attain a peaceful coexistence with our host communities and uphold sustainable and environmentally-friendly practices.
About Midwestern Oil and Gas
Midwestern Oil & Gas Company Limited was incorporated in 1999 and began operations in 2001. The Company is owned by a group of Nigerian Investors and the Delta State Government and is headed up by CEO Onajite Okoloko.
In 2003 Midwestern was awarded a 70% interest in Umusadege Field located in OML 56, situated in the northern area of Delta State, Nigeria. Midwestern operator this field with SunTrust Oil Company Ltd its JV Partner holds 30% interest which is jointly held by Mart Umusadege Resources Nigeria Ltd, the Risk Service Provider of Midwestern.
About our projects
First oil was achieved in the Umusadege Field in 2008 at flow rates of around 3,000 BOPD (barrels of oil per day) from re-entry of the Umusadege-1 well. This output has rapidly increased to approximately 25,000 BOPD through additional development drilling efforts. A total of fifteen wells have been drilled in the area to date.
Midwestern’s objective is to be a leading independent E&P Company in Africa, with a diversified portfolio of hydrocarbon assets. Their Mission is to explore and develop hydrocarbon in a safe, environmentally friendly and cost efficient manner.
To achieve the above, the following success factors have been identified to be critical
- Peaceful coexistence with our host communities
- Approvals as and when required from the MPR and DPR
- Competent and committed Technical Partnership
- Successful evacuation of our hydrocarbon products
- A competent and dedicated staff
- Credible HSE plans and performance
- Adequate controls for all activities
- Availability of funds as required for defined objectives
- Communication flow with all stakeholders